Monday, June 21, 2010

Lost Snake

Friday night i babysat the Whipples. Rachel came to pick me up and told me that Claire had caught a snake that day. They let the snake go because their cousin had a snake they had to get rid of for some reason... so they got to have that snake. As soon as i got there Jacob showed me the snake... i cringed... i hate snakes! Rachel told them to keep the snake in the cage while she was gone. 15 minutes after Rachel leaves Claire comes in with the snake... "Claire please go put the snake back in it's cage" "Why it won't hurt you" "Claire what did your mom say" "Fine!" She put the snake in the cage but didn't close the lid.... We were playing around for awhile then Claire decides to go check on the snake it was gone..... Who knows how long after she put the snake back in the cage it got out... probably right after.... Claire frantically looks for the snake.... 10 minutes into looking i hear her in the other room crying....  Great! "Jacob go help Claire find the snake" Before it starts to get crazy Jacob notices Isaac went in and turned on a movie. We go help Claire look for the snake. We can't find the snake things are getting worse Claire is crying her eyes out and Jacob is getting mad... Jacob is calling Claire a dumb idiot for leaving the cage open... I put them in separate rooms many times. Crying, yelling and slamming doors. Thank goodness Isaac was occupied! I could not have handled a 2yr old and two angry kids... I am going from room to room telling them to calm down. After a half hour of this, stressed myself i have no clue what to do with these furious kids... I started telling them "if you don't calm down i'm going to call your mom and have her come home now" They didn't want that they knew what would happen if their mom came home.... I followed Jacob around the house telling him to calm down and not to say anything mean to Claire. Meanwhile Claire is in the closet crying... I probably told them to calm down a billion times. I was getting upset and they wouldn't calm down so again i said "if u don't calm down i'm going to call your mom... Jacob tells me "i'm afraid calling my mom is impossible" "Why" "Because i hid the phones..." What! you hid the phones?! I'm stranded!!!!!!! After an hour and a half i finally got them to calm down. Phew! At least sitting in the same room being nice. I strictly told them if you are going to be in the same room there will be no mean words. After i made sure they were being nice i went and checked on Isaac he was watching a movie happy as can be. I told him we were going to watch a movie in the other room he paused his movie and came in the other room with us. It's 9:30 i'm exhausted! Hoping their parent would be home any minute.... half an hour later.... They got home. We told them what happened and Claire started crying again.... saying she didn't mean to lose the snake. Wow Rachel was mad! I have never seen her so mad! After yelling at the kids for a few minutes she said well, Alexi shall we take you home? YES yes please! let's go! So we hopped in the car and went home. Rachel asked me how it went.... it was INSANE! that's all i can say... 

No comments:

Post a Comment